Mechanical Design Engineer
Glasgow: £25k-£30k + 6% Non-Contributory Pension + other benefits.
A Mechanical Design Engineer is required for a full time position to work for one of the UK's most innovative young companies, in the development and production of systems for small and miniature satellites.
Responsibilities will include:
- Mechanical design of all new products.
- Design support to electronic and electrical engineering team.
- Assisting in the development of concepts for future systems/products (including producing images/ models for business development purposes).
- Supporting the mechanical qualification and acceptance testing of hardware products.
The canidate must demonstrate:
- Track record of delivering effective mechanical designs.
- Ability to produce detailed engineering drawings to an appropriate standard for manufacture using 3D CAD tools.
- Ability to verify designs with calculation and analysis.
- Able to work productively in an inter-disciplinary design team.
- Educated to Bachelor's degree or equivalent in relevant subject area.
- Experienced in the use of SolidWorks to produce both 3D models and 2D engineering drawings.
- Experience in any of the following areas: design of small mechanisms, integration of electronic products into mechanical design, experience of design for harsh environments (e.g. vibration, extremes of temperature).
- Experience of design verification and analysis using finite element methods.
This position is available to fill immediately. Applicants are encouraged to reply promptly as interviews will start immediately.
CV's with a covering letter should be sent to email@example.com with the closing date for applications being 12th Julne 2013.